ME and Ophelia

Sunday, January 18, 2004

 
__________________________________

GOOGLE INDIA IS HIRING
Google opens in Bangalore, India

Google has job opportunities in its newly opened office in Bangalore, India. It's their first full engineering facility outside the United States. Their goal is to conceive, research, implement and deploy the next generation search engine - a goal that requires talented software engineers, top coders and visionary computer scientists.

Source courtesy of The Scobleizer -- Geek Aggregator.
_ _ _

WEBSITE TECHNOLOGY AND SOCIAL CHANGE
American teenage genius blogger Aaron Swartz

Aaron Swartz, a teenage writer, coder, and hacker, appears to be a genius.

One of Aaron's projects is writing. He aims for a weblog post each weekday, and a Google Weblog update when needed. He's also doing some Google writing on contract, and is planning go to school at Stanford in September. Here's how he thinks:

"... I think deeply about things and want others to do likewise. I work for ideas and learn from people. I don't like excluding people. I'm a perfectionist, but I won't let that get in the way of publication. Except for education and entertainment, I'm not going to waste my time on things that won't have an impact. I try to be friends with everyone, but I hate it when you don't take me seriously. I don't hold grudges (it's not productive) but I learn from my experience. I want to make the world a better place ..."

Aaron, on the political compass test, as of 2003-08-23, is lower-left:

Economic Left/Right: -5.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.69

Imagine what's ahead for such a young hard working chap with a fine and brilliant mind. The world is his oyster. Best of luck Aaron. Make the world a better place.
_ _ _

US PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARIES 2004
On the political compass

Here is where the US Primaries 2004 stand on the political compass.

# posted by Ingrid J. Jones @ 1/18/2004
Comments: Post a Comment
0 comments Newer›  ‹Older

Previously: