ME and Ophelia

Saturday, November 27, 2004

 
- - -

NO REPRIEVE FOR BLACK WATCH

This is more sad than Concorde's retirement.

Even as the Black Watch mounted the British Army's largest operation in Iraq since the end of the war, defence chiefs ruled out a reprieve for the regiment.

hwirq26r.jpg

Read my previous post on the history of the Black Watch and you will see why this news is so difficult to swallow. The Black Watch were formed before the War of American Independence!

Maybe the politicians are waiting for more of a public outcry or something. I have signed petitions and linked to them in my previous post. I'm not sure what else I can do, except to ask others to sign the petition and spread the word. Thanks.

# posted by Ingrid J. Jones @ 11/27/2004
Comments: Post a Comment
0 comments Newer›  ‹Older

Previously: