ME and Ophelia

Saturday, February 19, 2005

 
AMERICAN MEDIA vs THE BLOGS
Bloggers. Truth-tellers or vigilantes? Trophy-hunters or watchdogs?

A friend has just emailed me a BBC news report, along with a note saying: "Unfortunately this powerful communications device can also be used for evil purposes."

The report Feb. 19 by Kevin Anderson at BBC News says with the abrupt resignation of CNN chief news executive Eason Jordan, the American media are struggling with how to respond to bloggers.
- - -

EMAIL ADDRESS
New Gas Fire

Thankfully, I have my Tiscali email address back. So everything is back to the way it was before I tried to connect to Broadband. Tiscali and Virgin talked me through correcting the settings and, it turned out, my email box at Tiscali webmail had exceeded its capacity. The box was full due to 1,237 spams. It never occurred to me that one has to access webmail at Tiscali and delete mails. I thought deleting them within my Apple Mail, and emptying the trash, was enough.

Also, I phoned the fireplace shop today. They will phone me lunchtime Monday to let me know when on Tuesday they will deliver samples of granite and slate for the surround, and a written quotation.

# posted by Ingrid J. Jones @ 2/19/2005
Comments: Post a Comment
0 comments Newer›  ‹Older

Previously: